[vlc] vlc 1.1.5 is available for OS/2

John Nebocat jnebocat at eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 2 15:44:26 CET 2011

Dear Sir(s), et al,

I recently installed the latest version of VLC for OS/2 on my
Ecomstation 2.0 system. This is my first install of VLC for OS/2; have
been using it for some time on my Windoze PC.

I added the correct path in the LIBPATH statement plus installed the
qt-lib...and libc 063... files, etc. VLC starts up just fine, but if I
try to play an audio track, VLC seems to be "playing" the track, but no
sound coming out. I have PM123 installed as my default audio player;
would it be causing a conflict?

Also, if I try to play a video, VLC just 'crashes' and shuts down.

Thanks in advance.

--
John Nebocat, P.Eng.
tel:  604.886.3499