[vlc] request for an vlc update about delays

Marco Kolditz mk at meer-der-ideen.de
Fri Jan 14 00:11:22 CET 2011

Hello,

I am using the VLC Player – the best player as far as I have tested. Well, I
have one problem now: I am using an optical cable for audio (15m) and a
HDMI/DVI cable for video to connect to my hifi-receiver. Due to the 15
meters the picture is now faster than the sound – the sounds always appears
a little bit later than the picture. That’s with every movie, everything
that I do with the pc. The delay is not sooo long (~0,450 s) but always
present.

I found a solution in the VLC Player, in german it is called “Audiovorsprung
gegenüber Video: 0,000s”
 it worked fine with -0,450s here. But
unfortunately there is no possibility so SAVE this value. Everytime I close
VLC the option is back at 0,000s. So I have to type it in again for every
single movie that I am opening. That nerves, as you may imagine :-)

Is there a possibility for an VLC update, so that the user can decide to
“save it”? Maybe a little checkbox with “remember this values” or so? For
all those people which always have a audio/video-delay because of long
cables and so on.

That would be sooo perfect!!! :-)

Hope for answer!

Take care,