[vlc] vlc player - wrong covers are diplayed

Olaf Raabe 01795946252 at o2online.de
Wed Jul 20 13:10:11 CEST 2011

Dear people at videolan!
I've got a problem with the vlc-media-player 1.1.10 The Luggage.
I run the Player on a Windows7 Home Premium Computer.
I mostly use the player for mp3-playback.
I've embedded mp3-tags including an album cover in each file.
These covers are displayed correctly on windows media player, windows
explorer and my mobile player.
The viewing of these covers also works fine in the vlc-player, but in
case of a sampler-album, there is a strange behaviour:
The vlc-media player obviously stores the first read cover of an album
to "C:\Users\.......\AppData\Roaming\vlc\art\artistalbum" and then uses
only this picture if the name of an album is found.
If You are playing files of a sampler-album, only the cover of the first
played file is displayed correct. All other files get the cover of the
first file.
I don't want to loose the information of the album, where the files are
from, so the workaround to delete the album information doesn't work for me.
Is there a way to display only the embedded cover-pictures and to ignore
the stored album covers?

If this feature isn't yet implemented in der program, maybe You can do
this in the future. I would be very pleased.

Thank You very much for an information.

Yours faithfully,

Olaf Raabe