[vlc] Overlays and onClick events with vlc web plugin

David Dawson david.dawson at tplogic.com
Wed Jul 20 22:55:35 CEST 2011

Hello,

Is there an easy way of doing overlays right now with the vlc web plugin? I
discovered that you can do overlays in firefox by using the z-index, but is
not very flexible. For example, I want to draw an outlined box, but if you
make the background of the overlaying div transparent, it will not get drawn
on top. The overlaying div has to have some solid color in order it to obey
stacking order, so I ended up drawing 4 lines in the shape of a box, which
is not very elegant.

On a similar note, since I cannot overlay transparent divs, there is no way
for me to send an onclick event if the user clicks inside that outlined box.
Is there a known workaround for this?