[vlc] vlc bug report

newtoneline at ntlworld.com newtoneline at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 1 19:23:09 CEST 2011

hi
just wanted to report two bugs in my usage of vlc

vlc is default player for all video media types, avi, flv, mpg, wmv etc
basically
I queue files for playing

bug 1.
I select files in my folder that are displayed in alphabetical order (usually created in date order too which matches alphabetical list)
~ using right click 'play with vlc player'
the selected files do not appear in the playlist the alphabetical order that I have them in my folder
sometimes one or two of the files do not make it to the play list

bug 2.
when in full screen mode and video resized to fit video
when the video has finished;
*in full screen mode = the player crashes, has to be exited, the playlist is lost.
*in video resized to fit video = the player stops but does not crash, the next video in the playlist can be double clicked and will start.

many thanks for a good player otherwise
tone