[vlc] AV sync issues

Gregory Norris gregrnorris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:37:43 CEST 2011

I've noticed with some files that the AV (audio-video) sync is either
off from the start or somehow becomes out of sync.  Enclosed is a
picture showing the configuration of one such video.  Off hand I can
think of two sets of videos that didn't work, the set with the enclosed
data works perfectly in WMP (I installed the Matroska Splitter and
FFmpeg for codecs) the other set was definitely coded incorrectly (it
looks like the muxer threw in some stuff from another show:  WMP will
usually crash at that point and VLC will lose it's AV sync).

Since the latter was incorrectly coded I don't expect VLC to work but
the former (with the enclosed configuration) appears to just be slightly
outdated (the pic says pre-standard).

For your reference my system is:  Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and I'm
using VLC 1.1.9 The Luggage (the newest version according to the player).

Note:  I couldn't actually enclose the picture due to file size so I've
instead posted it on my gdocs.  Use the link below.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6UURL9sJW1PNTdiM2QxY2UtNDE2NC00MWY2LTk2NWUtZDFiNWRlY2QyMzEw&hl=en_US&authkey=CLKmlo4P