[vlc] Cannot connect to gateway

MikeJennings 1942viejo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 02:37:10 CEST 2011

My Internet connection went down while watching a video file (.mkv) with VLC
media player 1.1.9, compiled 12/04/2011. My version uses the Qt4 Interface.
This has become a common occurrence.

Ping 192.168.1.1 timed out all four tries.

I then let I.E. 9 (v9.0.8080.16413) and Windows7 diagnose and correct the
problem.

Previously, the diagnostic returned something like "cannot contact default
gateway", which was then "fixed".

After correction:

To me, it appears that nothing ipconfig checks is different between before
and after.

The problem seems to manifest itself in the Realtek network adaptor internal
settings.

What is the next step to help isolate/correct this problem?

Next occurrence, I will get screenshots of the network connection details.

Best Regards,

Doc