[vlc] intemptuous floating control interface

Diogo De Salles Costa diogo at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 5 12:26:35 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Never had this before, so it may not be a VLC problem, maybe it's me.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.7
Processor: 3.06 GHz  Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 800 Mhz  DDR2 SDRAM

I have alternated between
VLC 1.0.3
VLC 1.1.7
VLC 1.1.9

The problem persists. I send video and sound to my HD screen.
So, once I have selected a film, it appears in a small window under VLC.
I then choose aperture ratio, then fullscreen.

Film starts, no picture or sound problems.
Then, all of a sudden, at any time, the control interface re-appears, stays for
a couple of seconds, then disappears, generally comes up again a few seconds
later, stays again for a couple of seconds. It can do this in a 'grouped fashion' twice or three
times during the film. It's of course annoying because it takes attention away from the film,
and its hugely blown up on the flatscreen (although proportionately).
I was told it could come from the bluetooth mouse (Magic Mouse), who decides it has been
moved so makes the interface appear. I tried putting it on it's back, then tried turning it off entirely.
This has changed nothing.

Help, I am rearing my hair out, and I don't have much left !!

Diogo de Salles Costa

Paris, France