[vlc] Zip files

Tim Slattery Slattery_T at bls.gov
Mon Jun 20 19:48:00 CEST 2011

I have ZIP files that contains many MP3 files. When I use Media|Open
file to access these files, VLC looks inside them and treats them as
playlists. Very nice.

I have this setup both at work and at home. Same ZIP files both
places. Version 1.0.2 at work, 1.10 at home.

This works flawlessly at work. But at home I get error messages that
it can't understand the format of the MP3 files within the zip. But
not for all the included files, just some of them. But if I extract
one of the MP3s that it couldn't understand, and use Media|Open to
play the extracted file, there's no problem at all. So it seems like
VLC can't understand a zip file that the OS (Windows Vista) can.

Anybody have a clue?

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T at bls.gov