[vlc] Bad-tempered complaints really help, eh?

PK djc at resiak.org
Fri Jun 24 13:42:11 CEST 2011

vlc is quite simple to install and upgrade.

 > How the hell would I know? I don't get this when I install updates for
 > Windows or Internet Explorer.

If you're the kind of user who blindly uses Internet Explorer and blindly
installs everything Microsoft offers, then you can't be expected to know.
Why, you might actually have to understand something about what the
software is doing, and what it includes!  That big round thing in front of
the driver's seat of a car -- what does it do, anyhow?  And those tiny
things on the tires?  Do they have something to do with water?  Air?  What
was it, anyhow?  And all those lights, what do they do?

 > Why can't you ever do anything the simple way instead of always trying to
 > be so clever?

Perhaps you might try to learn to be a bit cleverer instead of shooting off
ignorant, bad-tempered complaints about excellent freeware?  This kind of
thing is very fatiguing and puts you in a bad light.

 > I will keep the old version instead of risking who knows what damage.

Judging by what your note says about you, and vlc aside, you're already
risking plenty of damage -- you're simply unaware of it.  But it's not too
late to get a clue, so you might give that a try.

Tired of ill-tempered complaints from freeloaders,

djc