[vlc] Sync Issue in Latest Version of VLC on Ubuntu

Vijay Venkataramanan seventhsamurai at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 09:24:15 CEST 2011

Hi there

I am running Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit and after my latest update of VLC player to version 1.1.9, I am experiencing terrible sync issues when playing any media. Be it an mp4 or a DVD, the sound is at least 400-500 m/s out of sync. And this is happening not just on 1 system but all 4 of my workstations running Ubuntu 11.04.

All the same media and DVDs play perfectly in sync via all other media players and devices. I love VLC Player but this glitch is disappointing. Is there a fix in store any time soon?

Thanks,
Vijay.