[vlc] Bug

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Wed Mar 23 07:18:36 CET 2011

On 23/03/11 6:41 PM, "Robert Holtzman" <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 03:34:21PM -0300, Wilson Salazar Filho wrote:
>> USERNAME: 2436vt4
>> Version: VLC media player 1.0.3 Goldeneye
>> Windows 7, 64bits, i7processor, 8G ram memory.
>>

>> Dear Sirs.
>>
>> I have just bought your VLC media player, because I had downloaded a
>>movie
>> which shows the following msg when opening:
>>
>> ³The content of this media file is blocked. It seems like you are not
>>using the
>> right media player to play this file! You should visit
>>http://divxmovienow.com
>> to get the recommended Media Player!²

The Video which you downloaded was a scam video and is basically blank
apart from the message you saw. If you installed their media player or
whatever is on that webpage then you most likely have spyware on your
machine now after installing it. The message on the video is to trick you
into installing their software and it seems they have tricked you.

Also  vlc is downloadable for free from vlc's website. Yes technically you
can charge for it but it will be the same as the one of vlc's website or
if not they legally have to supply any changes they have made to it due to
the GPL licensing of it.

Thanks