[vlc] Some small subset of WMV videos cause "Audio device not configured" dialog and play video on the wrong screen

Michael Bender michael.bender at oracle.com
Wed Mar 23 09:27:10 CET 2011

Hi,
   I am running VLC 1.1.5 on Leopard on a MacPro two two screens. I am
running VLC on the left-hand
side screen. Some (small set) of WMV videos will cause an error dialog
to come up telling me my audio
device is not configured and then the video will play on the left
screen inside a movable window with all
the normal window decorations and it will also be displayed on the
right screen in the lower-left-hand
corner without any window borders at all. Audio does play normally.
Here is the error dialog that comes
up in this situation: