[vlc] rg: Re-Installation of VLC Media Player

Hans-Juergen.Kocksch at t-systems.com Hans-Juergen.Kocksch at t-systems.com
Thu Mar 31 01:06:18 CEST 2011

Dear VLC-Team!

I installed VLC media player - version 1.1.8 (The Luggage).
The way what happens is always like this:
i)   I start an mp4-file
ii)  File is executed perfectly
iii) I may do this two or three times, than the following happens:
     When I start any mp-4 file, I can hear the sound perfectly, but the movie get's stuck from the very beginning.
     From that situation on I am no longer able to run any video - only the sound is audible until the video ends
iv) When I do a reinstall of VLC media player the "story" starts from the very beginning -> see i) until iii)

What can I do to keep VLC in a proper playback mode without reinstalling over and over again? Any settings to be done which I do not know?

May  be you can help me out. In the meantime I will operate as a permanent reinstaller ;-)

Best regards

Hans-Jürgen Kocksch