[vlc] X11 question

gonzague gonzagueddr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:11:17 CET 2011

Hi, It looks you're trying to run an x aplication as the user "www-data"
on an X owned by "yourUser" .
So you 1rst try to search "linux run x applications remotely" ( 1rst res
on google :
http://nixcraft.com/getting-started-tutorials/170-run-remote-x-applications-over-network-using-ssh.html
)

So the question is : why are you using an http protocol to start an
application on a server ?
For this kind of manipulation, i'm using ssh forwarding the vnc port :
ssh -L 5900:localhost:5900 user at server, according that a vnc server is
running on the server's side. So you can connect your server's desktop
with a vnc client on your local host.

Another solution can be a daemon running on the server, that checks in
database ( sql, txt, ... ) if there is any command to execute, and your
http server aim is to write those comand in db ...

well, it also a little confuse, hope it will help.

cheers