[vlc] Audio configuration and GPU acceleration issues

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Mon Nov 21 00:30:21 CET 2011

Platform: XP SP3
 Version: 1.1.11
     GPU: Nvidia GT-240

Issue 1: VLC wants to always use the left channel

As an example, I have a file that has four MPEG stereo audio streams.  No
matter which audio track I select, the Audio Channels reverts to Left.  If
I am on track 1 and set Audio Channels to Dolby Surround and go to track
2, the Audio Channels is set to Left.  It will not remember the settings.
I found nothing in the audio preferences to force this to be Dolby Surround.
The only audio setting that I did find is set to Dolby Surround.

Where can I set this?

Issue 2: The GPU acceleration is not being used.

I have the preference set to use GPU acceleration, but high bitrate H.264
video still breaks up or pauses.  Isn't Nvideo GPU acceleration supported yet?

Thanks.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com | vidiot at vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign