[vlc] different regions with VLC

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Mon Nov 21 03:51:30 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:59:56PM +0100, Michael M?ller wrote:
> I?ve downloaded the VLC-Player and it works perfectly. All DVDs I?ve
> watched hat DVD-region 2, but now I want to watch a DVD with DVD-region 1.
> Can VLC play this DVD as well like the others I?ve watched. I?ve looked via
> google for this problems and there isn?t a clear answer. The one says it
> work the othery are annoyed because it doesn?t work on their PC. Can you
> held me?

VLC will not have an issue playing 720x480 video contained on Region 1 DVDs.

The issue is not with VLC.  The DVD drive in your computer will be set for
your region, 2, and will not play region 1.  You will have to "fix" it so
that you can play all regions.

It is what I have to do with region 2 DVDs.

Keep in mind, the region coding issue only applies to those DVDs that are
coded for only region 1.  For those that are coded for all 6 consumer regions
will play just fine on your system.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com | vidiot at vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign