[vlc] VLC issues

Jonathan Julia nwregeneration at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:17:06 CEST 2011

Hello,
 I am currently using a Mac OS X 10.6.8 with a 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo and
4GB 800 mhZ ddr2 sdram
I am using VLC version 1.1.12

My problem is that while playing audio files I cannot seek the track to hear
different parts of the song, ie skipping to the 2nd minute.    I also have
no progress bar showing me at what point in the song am I listening.  Is
the track 7 minutes and 10 seconds in?  I have no idea as I cant see.  The
only features I can toggle are volume and skipping from one track to the
next.   If I want to pause and re start a track there is no option to do so,
unless i right click on the VLC icon on my Application toolbar.

Thanks for any help!

Jonathan