[vlc] VLC .Net Plugin dosn#t use Hardware-Support

DUehlig at q-soft.de DUehlig at q-soft.de
Fri Sep 9 09:05:54 CEST 2011

Dear VLC-Team,

I am using the VLC .Net  plug-in in my program. Unfortunatly the plug-in(
axVLCPlugin2) does not accept the options for hardware support that I use
in my solution.
I want to stream an HD-video on my client PC via UDP.

If i use the VLC-Player to recieve my steam it works perfekt with these
"Hardware decoding" checked.
Here is the source code I used in my solution.

--- string[] options = new string[] {":ffmgeg-hw=1", ":vout=directx"}
---  axVLCPlugin21.playlist.add("udp://@239.252.20.1:1234", "ZDF HD",
options);

I developped it with C# by using MS Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7
64-Bit.

The client that receives the stream and where the solution has to work is
an  Intel Atom D525 with ION2(next Gen) 2 GB DDR3 and SSD with Windows 7
Pro 64-Bit

The VLC-player uses the" Video Engine" and "GPU Load" but the GPU doesn't
use the plugin. * I monitored the GPU with "TechPowerUP GPU-Z 0.5.5"

Please send me documentation of the options I can use with the VLC-Plugin
in C# and sample code in C# on how to use it this option. Otherwise if
there is another Solution that can solve my problem please let me know.

Greetings from Erfurt, Germany

Uehling, Daniel
Praktikant Q-Soft GmbH