[vlc] Streaming from VLC to Quicktime

allamistakeo18 at mac.com allamistakeo18 at mac.com
Sun Sep 25 23:51:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

I realize now that I should have been more precise upfront about what I am trying to achieve in the end. Here is my goal: I want VLC to capture a part of my screen, and I want to stream it to Quicktime, by embedding the stream into a .qtl file.

Forgetting about the .qtl file for now, and using a capture of my iSight instead of my screen just for testing purposes, here is what I have been trying: I tell VLC via the GUI to stream my iSight, using HTTP, and using the Theora codec + OGG (following your suggestion, but as I mentioned, I have tried many other settings before). I get the following MRL:

:sout=#duplicate{dst=display,dst="transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=1024}:standard{mux=ogg,dst=,access=http}"}

Then I tell Quicktime to open the following URL, using the CMD + U command:

http://myip:8080/

Nothing happens: Quicktime is stuck on "Loading video..."

Now, I also want to embed the stream in a .qtl file. I have written the following file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?quicktime type="application/x-quicktime-media-link"?>
<embed src="http://myip:8080" />

Attempting to open the file makes Quicktime throw the error I mentioned. I am wondering whether this is because Quicktime does not support streaming via HTTP in .qtl files, and whether the source has to be an RTSP stream. Is there a way to create an RTSP stream with VLC?

Thanks again

Op 25-sep-2011, om 18:22 heeft gonzague het volgende geschreven: