[vlc] Beginner - Need a guide to compile VLC Source Code

Amar Hazwani Radzi amwani at iris.com.my
Wed Aug 8 02:15:53 CEST 2012

Hi, I am trying to run VLC Source code
http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.0.3/vlc-2.0.3.tar.xz using
MSYS MINGW. I have successfully followed steps in
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/msys/ until :

Set the environment variable HOME to C:\msys\1.0\home

Now I am stuck because I am not clear on the next instruction.

When I type mount c:/mingw /mingw, I got:

/bin/mount: mount point '/mingw' is already in use

So I proceed to next step and type:

$ ./configure --prefix=/mingw

But I got error '/configure - No such file or directory.

Do I have to change any part of the command

$ ./configure --prefix=/mingw?

Sorry because this is my first time using MSYS MINGW and totally clueless on
how to start.

Thanks.