[vlc] promotional materials for Software Freedom Day 2012?

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:28:40 CEST 2012

[…]

 > I wonder if someone could describe VLC in such a succinct way?

	We've currently ended up with (translated from Russian; the
	translation errors are mine):

    VLC

    Multipurpose free video player, with distinguishing features being
    the support of a multitude of formats, the independence of
    third-party codecs, the ability to work with stream video (including
    webcams), and also the ability to work with different playback
    libraries (such as FFmpeg.)

    Has numerous and various configuration parameters, but has an
    intuitive user interface at the same time.

	Any suggestions?

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257	http://sf-day.org/