[vlc] Play RPM with VLC in webpage

Tim Slattery Slattery_T at bls.gov
Wed Dec 12 18:27:32 CET 2012

"dE ." <de.techno at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/12/12 03:04, Grizzly wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Excuse a newbie (at least here)
>>
>> I have VLC (2.04) installed and working well,
>> I choose in install Mozilla plug-in
>> I can play RealMedia files (rm, ra, rpm) from desktop
>> I can play embeded AVI files, in nrowser (K-Meleon)
>> I Cant play RealMedia files in the browser. get a plugin request dialogue
>> Any pointers Please
>
>I don't think VLC can play RealMedia files.

Yes it does. Grizzly says that he plays rm, ra, and rpm files in VLC
on his desktop. And I can say from personal experience that VLC on my
machine plays ra files. That said, I don't know how VLC interacts with
browsers (if at all). Maybe Grizzly just needs to associate rm, ra,
and rpm files with VLC, I don't know.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T at bls.gov