[vlc] [RFC] closing the vlc user mailing list.

fetcher at is-not-my.name fetcher at is-not-my.name
Mon Feb 6 16:37:56 CET 2012

Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> writes:

> Finally, people complain about the lack of anonymity of this
> service.

On the contrary: I am posting here through a pseudonym that is
strongly anonymous in the sense that it is not feasible for anybody in
the world, not even the operator of the pseudonym server, to trace the
origin of this mail to a particular person or location.

> The forum, on the other hand, is working correctly and fixes the
> above issues.

Assuring strong anonymity while accessing a web forum, on the other
hand, is difficult.

> Therefore, I suggest that we close this vlc mailing list in a close
> future.

Therefore, I strongly oppose closing this mailing list.