[vlc] [RFC] closing the vlc user mailing list.

David J Ovens david.ovens3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:43:31 CET 2012

Hi Jean

Yeah but unless I have missed something, and I often do, your real email jb at videolan.org is still shown in he post??

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: fetcher at is-not-my.name
  Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 3:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [vlc] [RFC] closing the vlc user mailing list.

  Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> writes:

  > Finally, people complain about the lack of anonymity of this
  > service.

  On the contrary: I am posting here through a pseudonym that is
  strongly anonymous in the sense that it is not feasible for anybody in
  the world, not even the operator of the pseudonym server, to trace the
  origin of this mail to a particular person or location.

  > The forum, on the other hand, is working correctly and fixes the
  > above issues.

  Assuring strong anonymity while accessing a web forum, on the other
  hand, is difficult.

  > Therefore, I suggest that we close this vlc mailing list in a close
  > future.

  Therefore, I strongly oppose closing this mailing list.