[vlc] streaming error message in vlc on Linux

Malcolm Waterman malcolmdw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:25:28 CET 2012

Ok, I don't have much experience with Debian Linux, and I seem to have a
different version of VLC on my system. I would ask that you check these two
places on your VLC, to see if it's different from my system: Tools ->
Preferences -> All -> Advanced -> Logging. Check the settings there. On my
computer there's no file set up, which might mean that there is no log file
being recorded? Tools -> Messages might also be helpful. As I said, I don't
know if it's the same set up on your system, two versions of Linux and VLC,
but I don't think that there's going to be massive differences. Anyway, it
seems like a good place to start.