[vlc] `VLC Interface Behavior

Charles Marcrum ctmarcrum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 13:02:30 CEST 2013

Hello, in the older version of VLC, I never used to experience this
behavior, and it is very annoying to me. Namely, whenever I double click
on a file, while another file is playing in VLC, instead of just playing
to the new song I click on, it opens a new dialog that seems to concern
broadcasting media. The thing is that I don't use this feature at all. I
don't even know how. I just like to play music files in VLC. The older
versions of VLC open up much faster than the new version of. They also
didn't seem to have the behavior of the broadcasting/streaming dialog
opening up when I double click, which I then have to dismiss by making
extra clicks, before I can then click on the new song I'd like to play.
I really like the time stretching feature. No one seems to be able to
duplicate the sound quality. Is there any way at all to stop this
behavior, besides by just switching to a different player? I'd sure
appreciate any helpful device.