[vlc] RTSP client in vlc 2.1

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Dec 14 18:38:15 CET 2013

On 14 Dec, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote :
> So, we tell you: "your client violates the RTSP RFC", and your answer is
> "we do not care"?

It's not what I said.

Not many people really care about RTSP, and the live555 development
model is so obscure that noone of us actually want to work on it.

So if you want it fixed soon, share a patch.

> Quite frankly, given the mass of code in vlc, you would have to at least
> provide us with some pointers for not motivating me to write my own dumb
> RTSP video viewer.

Great idea. That'll surely help other people that have the same issue.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734