[vlc] DVD ripping?

Nick Romito nrromito at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:42:12 CET 2013

Hi,

I have been trying to rip a DVD using the convert/save feature of VLC
player, so I can play it on my new tablet. I am trying to convert to mp4,
and it works for half of the movie.  Once the movie reaches the halfway
point, the sound gets way off of the picture, and I couldn't tell for sure,
but the video doesn't seem smooth anymore.  This may just be an illusion
being caused by the sound being off though.  I was curious if you could
send me a detailed walkthrough for converting a DVD to an mp4 or any other
type of format that would work with an Android tablet.  If you could,
please include all the different settings that are required as well because
I have followed the basic walkthroughs on other websites, but the same
thing keeps occurring.

Thank you,
Nick