[vlc] Embeded VLC - IE9/10 Options Array Problem

Guy Perkins me at atdotmedotuk.me.uk
Mon Jul 15 12:46:06 CEST 2013

Hi all.
Please could somebody give their views on where I might resolve a problem
with IE9 & IE10 not successfully parsing the items to vlc from the options
array when adding an item to the playlist.

Example
var myoptions = new
Array('program=123456','dvb-bandwidth=8','sub-track=0','no-audio');
vlc.playlist.add("dvb-t://frequency=456789000", "fancy name", myoptions);
alert(options[0])
alert(options[1])
alert(options[2])
alert(options[3])

In the above example the browser alerts will confirm all 4 options are in
the array, but in IE9 & IE10 (64bit W7), vlc only seems to get the first
item from the array, it will ignore any others. However, in IE7 & 8, vlc
gets all the items fine. (Hence the 'no-audio' entry to test). If you put
the bandwidth first, vlc won't get the program data.
I have also tried using the F12 Dev debugging in IE9. All document &
rendering modes still wont work using IE9 browser. But, if I uninsall the
IE9 update, & revert to IE8 on the same w7 64bit test unit, it all works
fine. I have since tested on W7 Pro 32bit & the behaviour is the same, IE9
doesn't work, but IE8 is OK.

I could really do with resolving this, so, any input/vlcDEV's that could
offer assistance, please make contact.
(As a workaround, is it possible to save the options into a playlist file
(xspf) & have vlc read it in directly?) I have tried playing with this, but
without success.

TheGman