[vlc] Splitting a stereo stream into two mono streams in VLM

Rob MacKenzie rob at pacificwild.org
Sun Jun 23 06:25:08 CEST 2013

I'm trying to separate a stereo stream into two mono streams, in a VLM
conf. I'm having trouble figuring out where to split it.

Been googling and fighting, I see that 'sout-mono-channel' might help, but
I'm not sure how to include it in the VLM to choose for each output stream.

I've got this right now, for testing, if anyone can suggest how I might
stream the mono streams over those http streams, or if there is a different
way to go about it. In reality I dump them both to disk and also stream
them up to http.

# VLC media player VLM command batch
# http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

new dryad broadcast enabled
setup dryad input "rtp://@:5001"
setup dryad output
#duplicate{dst="transcode{vcodec=none,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=1,samplerate=44100}:http{mux=raw,dst=:6000/}",dst="transcode{vcodec=none,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=1,samplerate=44100}:http{mux=raw,dst=:6001/}"}
setup dryad option sout-mono-channel=1
control dryad play