[vlc] problem with libdvccss: "Missing symbols in libdvdcss.so.2"

Samuel Lê samuel.le at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 02:48:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

I installed livdvdcss from source, but now it's crashing vlc (and gxine as
well).
(I am running Linux Debian wheezy).
When I run vlc from command line, I get:
sam at debianSam:~$ vlc
VLC media player 2.0.3 Twoflower (revision 2.0.2-93-g77aa89e)
[0x15f6108] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc'
to use vlc without interface.
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.2.0
libdvdread: Missing symbols in libdvdcss.so.2, this shouldn't happen !
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version  for DVD access
Segmentation fault

Did someone encounter the same problem or has a suggestion to help me?
Many thanks,
Sam