[vlc] archlinux latest release broken

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri May 9 21:26:23 CEST 2014

I had an earlier version of rinsewind on this machine and it was working.
The current version is broken.  After the dbus complaints about not
finding a $DISPLAY set one of the messages that comes back is listening on
host console and no stream can be played any longer.  I have adjusted
pulseaudio to autospawn on startup and that just cleared the complaints
about pulseaudio refusing a connection to the server but didn't help any
further.  I've tried this with three different sites that all used to work
with earlier rinsewind version.  Now I'm going to replace the archlinux
disk with a debian disk the debian hasn't been updated in the last few
weeks and see if I can get these same three sites playing using debian.
If I can't, they're probably all down.

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>