[vlc] Questions about compile vlc-1.1.9 for windows 64 bits

Wei Xiang (向伟) Wei.Xiang at mediatek.com
Thu Oct 23 11:32:46 CEST 2014

Dear VLC Team,

   I want to compile vlc-1.1.9 for windows 64 bits, but I have some problems.
  I have the following questiones:

1.       Could I use “msys+mingw on windows” method  to compile VLC-v1.1.9 for Windows 64-bits?
                Does there any document to illustrate how to done this job?

2.       As I know, the vlc player also need some 3rd party libraries.
        If I compile vlc to 64-bits,  Where to get the corresponding 3rd party libraries?

    Please help clarify them!
    Thank you!

Best Regards,
Wei.Xiang