[vlc] RC question

hghhdd at frontier.com hghhdd at frontier.com
Tue Jan 6 19:52:18 CET 2015

I am sorry, I misunderstood.Please accept my apology.
I need to ask my question so I might get a answer.

  Why are you asking me questions? I have been asking them questions trying to understand VLC. I understand very little about VLC, I need help also.

    On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 12:03 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:54 AM, Edit B <bouke at editb.nl> wrote:
> Still working in Director (using a lot of Xtras)
> Under Win, i can get Telnet to work (althought with a lot of hoops), but
> that does not work on Mac, and i fear it won't work on Win anymore anytime
> soon.
> Besides, from the docs, Telnet is limited compared to shelling / RC
> It's the only language i know, and i still like it very much (It's really
> fast for small / one-off projects)

I'm not familiar with Director (is it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingo_(programming_language) ?), but if
you pick up something like Python, you'll be able to establish a
socket connection easily. I made a simple program a little while ago
that, among other things, could pause and resume a video, using the
telnet interface. There may not be a command-line 'telnet' program on
your platform, but there's certainly BSD socket support, which is all
you really need.

ChrisA