No subject

Sun Mar 29 19:46:21 CEST 2015

> work fine. I also run at 24bpp which does not cause much of a problem
> with vlc - the only thing which occasionally is slightly annoying is
> that some colors of other windows get messed up due to overlay.
> I run SuSE 7.0 with the old glib 2.1 (I think) but I don't think
> that the problem lies there.
> Could it be that you use vlc successfully, then suspend your A20p,
> go home, resume your notebook and things are messed up? Although I

Hmm... Yes.. But the first time it actally worked, I'd done that as well.
Added to that last night I did restart X but it still took a while to get
it working... Maybe it's a combination of the gamma getting screwed AND the
X server had been suspended... I'll have to play... Failing that I'll have
to read some more code...

> have now, after some time, managed to get quite a stable suspend/resume,

Mine is stable. The only real problem I've had is APM getting in the way...
It would try & kick off a copy of xscreensaver, and lock up... No kbd or
video, but still running... Thank goodness for network connections eh?

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...
        I enjoy every minute of it...