[vlcs-devel] VLC time stamps

Mapelli mapellil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:55:50 CEST 2009

Hello guys,
i've integrated into VLC an algo to time stretch/squeeze the audio (for the
truth in a quick and dirty manner inside the bandlimited resampler module)
alterating the number of samples and the buffer time staps. After running an MP3
play the VLC detect a buffer time stamps alteration as an error so start
resampling trying to recover the delay/advance, and after VLC realize that
cannot recover (because of my stretching algo) it start trashing all the decode
buffers.
Now is not very clear to me how VLC handle time stamps, but i tought modifing
the buffer time staps and nsamples should be fine, clearly i was wrong. Could
someone help? Has someone ever modified the PCM audio buffer duration ?
thanks in advance, best regards