no problem :)

Damien Lucas nitrox at via.ecp.fr
Fri Aug 3 09:40:36 CEST 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001, Devarshi Shah wrote:
> Ok nuno.. I got what you are trying to say...
> At present, the videolan server seems to be down.. ( I am in India and
> its 2 am here... so it might be 4pm in USA approx...) I'll try to get
> the vob files once the server is up...

Our Internet access was down all the day yesterday. But it is back now.

> After I get those vob files, all I need to do is to add their path to
> the vls.cfg file ? Is that correct ? Will the server start to stream
> then ? Please elaborate on this topic..

Right, you have to change your vls.cfg file in order to specify which
streams you have. But after that, you will need to ask the server to begin
broadcasting.
To do so, the only interface you have is a telnet interface.
The port on which the telnet  runs is specified in vls.cfg (default 9999).
You will have to use the start command see 'help start' for more information.

> Meanwhile, Do you have any information about what is the format of the
> TS files ?
At the moment, the server can read both TS and PS mpeg files.
Any valid TS stream should be correctly broadcasted. If not, please report
the bug.

--
nitrox