[vls-devel] Re: DVB-T patch

Pete Martin petemartin at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 22 09:50:24 CET 2002

Andrew,

Yes I did thanks very much. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I
have only just got round to trying it out and it looks good! I have not seen
a core dump yet and the ability to specify the dvbrc file in the vls.cfg
file is spot on. I can now have two vls sessions - one using my dvb-t card
and one my dvb-s card - at the same time, each session streaming 4 programs.

At the moment I am looking at how to handle a temporary loss of signal. If,
for example, an aerial cable is disconnected and then reconnected, the dvb
input usually stops, requiring a manual restart of the stream. What I am
thinking, is to have an option that controls whether the dvb input stops on
loss of input, or it retries until the input is restored.

Regards

Pete