Announce: new HTTP interface

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Wed Jun 5 17:35:50 CEST 2002

Due to overwhelming demand and a torrent
of responses, I've now added cookie handling
to my Web interface in addition to GET and POST
handling. This helps, because you don't have
to re-enter your user/password info once the
cookie is set. (okay, it's clear text, not
secure and doesn't remember expiration date
even though it "handles" it). It also makes
it easy to have a Web form you click with
something like:

<form method=POST action="http://localhost:9997/forminput>
</form>

to access the admin stuff.

The only command I've tested with so
far is "browse". Shouldn't be a problem
to augment to handle the rest of the
vls commands.

Two versions are available, one is
http.cpp/.h which requires all the
references to telnet/Telnet/TELNET in
admin.cpp/.h be copied to http/Http/HTTP,
and browser.cpp/.h, Makefile & vls.cfg
slightly edited.

The second is pretty much a drop-in for
the current telnet.cpp, with only a change
to browser.cpp/.h.

http://techweb.rfa.org/staff/bill/

Regards,
Bill

P.S. I'm sure the code will be considered
a bit ugly, but it also throws all the
various variables into maps, so you can
retrieve things like:

     if (envpath["command"] == "browse")....