Patch for DVBset

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Mar 20 18:39:57 CET 2002

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou wrote:
> Thank you for the patch.
>
> About the DVB support in VLS:
>
> 1/ I'm currently writing the dvb input which does the job that DVBset
> did. I say did because DVBset is to be abandoned for the new DVB input.
> I had to write some little initialization and de-kludging stuff and I'll
> commit it into the CVS.

Is that this week or will it take longer. I'd like to use that version.

> 2/ I'll take into account your patch to DVBset to write something that
> works in all cases.
>
> 3/ PAT and PMT (de)coding stuff is done by the libdvbpsi which is also
> availlable in the CVS (libdvbpsi module).
>
> 4/ Damiens told me that the output format of the DVB-S card is _not_
> Transport Stream whereas DVB-Nova's is. I do my tests with the Nova so
> DVB-S support isn't guaranteed.

That is OK, we are using DVB-Nova and TS streaming over here.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199