How to start a program from satelite?

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou bozo at via.ecp.fr
Thu Mar 28 12:11:25 CET 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> I followed the example in vls.cfg for configuring the satelite channel.
> How do I select a program then through the telnet interface ?
>
> When I do > browse dvb
> it does not show any program from the PAT for this satelite channel.
>
> Can some one give a hint?

First, have you seen the last vls.cfg ? The options names have changed
a little bit (I didn't know what was DiSEqC... O:-)

Do you see at startup a big amount of lines which say something like
that:

---
New PAT
  transport_stream_id : ???
  version number      : ???
    | program_number @ [NIT|PMT]_PID
  active              : ???
---

? I suppose that the answer is no :-(

Then do you have errors in the console ? Did DVBset work with the same
parameters ?

--
Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou - http://www.via.ecp.fr/~bozo/