How to start a program from satelite?

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Mar 28 17:08:33 CET 2002

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>
>>I followed the example in vls.cfg for configuring the satelite channel.
>>How do I select a program then through the telnet interface ?
>>
>>When I do > browse dvb
>>it does not show any program from the PAT for this satelite channel.
>>
>>Can some one give a hint?
>

> First, have you seen the last vls.cfg ? The options names have changed
> a little bit (I didn't know what was DiSEqC... O:-)

No, I have been on a bug hunt in cvs of 22 march 2002. I'll check the
latest cvs version in a minute.

> Do you see at startup a big amount of lines which say something like
> that:
>
> ---
> New PAT
>   transport_stream_id : ???
>   version number      : ???
>     | program_number @ [NIT|PMT]_PID
>     | ...
>     | ...
>   active              : ???
> ---
>
> ? I suppose that the answer is no :-(

Indeed NO.

> Then do you have errors in the console ? Did DVBset work with the same
> parameters ?

No errors in the console. Probably one of the bugs in libdvbpsi? And
DVBset did work with the same parameters.
I wonder if I made a typo?

Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199