[vls-devel] Re: Kfir card performance...

Thenmozhi Arunan then at mmsl.serc.iisc.ernet.in
Wed Nov 27 09:02:37 CET 2002

hi,

I work in the Multimedia Systems Lab at IISc, Bangalore.
We are looking out for a good hardware encoder card
that can give mpeg-2 es, ps and ts streams. I have
checked out pinnacle, matrox and osprey. osprey is the
only card that comes close to our requirements, but it
does not have the linux driver support. From the
mailing list of vls-devel I see that u are able to
use kfir effectively with vls. We too want to interface
kfir to vls for streaming courses on campus.

I would like to get some input from users of kfir
card which will help us to decide on the purchase of
the encoder. Is the TS stream produced by kfir
compliant with MPEG standard? what about its windows
support? Does it support real-time encoding?
Does the company continue to update the driver, if
any problems have been found?

This is not a vls related query, since vls supports
kfir, I'm hopeful of getting some responses from here.

Thanks in advance,
Thenmozhi Arunan
MMSL, SERC,
Indian Institute of Science,