[vls-devel] Re: Kfir card performance...

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Thu Nov 28 19:51:16 CET 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002, Thenmozhi Arunan wrote:
> I would like to get some input from users of kfir
> card which will help us to decide on the purchase of
> the encoder.

I remind you we are speaking of the BMK Electronics card of linuxtv.org.
This is the only card we have tested                                   .

> Is the TS stream produced by kfir compliant with MPEG standard?
I don't remember any problems with it.

> Does it support real-time encoding?
Of course, this is why we use it.

> Does the company continue to update the driver, if any problems have
> been found?
The linux driver is provided by the linuxtv team
(http://www.linuxtv.org/mpeg2/). There is still some activity there.
Anyway if you find a problem, you can correct it since the drivers are
OpenSource.

--
Tristan