[RFC} New Commanline Syntax for Telnet interface

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Tue Sep 3 13:22:50 CEST 2002

Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> Tristan Leteurtre wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>

>>> channel <name> <channeltype=[local|network]>
>>> <dest_host=[FQDN|ipaddress]> <dest_port> <type
>>> (unicast|multicast|broadcast)> [domain (inet4|inet6)] [ttl] [intf]
>>> [--add] [--delete]
>>

>> This actual syntax does not fit me (sorry to tell you only now :),
>> because this imply to type all the parameters (or random ones) when
>> deleting a channel or a program :
>>

> This was my problem too. The real problem here is that the parser class
> cannot handle it.

I believe either my STL code or Videolan method code
just splits all the command-line stuff into token pairs,
and you can have defaults defined from the config file,
so if there's a type token for channel, you grab its
value, else you append "type <default channel type".
But I haven't looked at this for months :)

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia
bill at rfa.org