[vls-devel] Input module for VFW

Brynjard Øvergård marvin at slartibart.com
Thu Apr 10 05:45:24 CEST 2003

Hi

I'm pondring on making an input module for the vls for VFW (Video For
Windows) series of drivers, simply because there doesn't seem to be any
other software out there being able to stream from a VFW driver. This is
quite similar to the video4linux input, so I can mostly use that input
module as a template.
Before I start writing I just want to check if there is soeone else out
there doing something similar? I would also need some help debugging etc,
but since almost all video capture cards nowdays use the BT8x8 family of
chips there should be relative few problems.
Anothe possibility would be to use the DScaler driver as a source (might
even use the descaler filter to get superb picture quality), but it looks a
bit messy, and the driver isn't always as stable as one might want.

Any feedback?

	- Marvin