[vls-devel] Re: Input module for VFW

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Apr 10 10:32:05 CEST 2003

Brynjard Øvergård wrote:

>I'm pondring on making an input module for the vls for VFW (Video
>For Windows) series of drivers, simply because there doesn't seem to
>be any other software out there being able to stream from a VFW
>driver. This is quite similar to the video4linux input, so I can
>mostly use that input module as a template.
>Before I start writing I just want to check if there is soeone else
>out there doing something similar? I would also need some help
>debugging etc, but since almost all video capture cards nowdays use
>the BT8x8 family of chips there should be relative few problems.
>Anothe possibility would be to use the DScaler driver as a source
>(might even use the descaler filter to get superb picture quality),
>but it looks a bit messy, and the driver isn't always as stable as
>one might want.

Last I heard, vls had problems running under Windows and this is why there are no vls win32 binaries available anymore.

If I were you, I would rather investigate doing the same thing but rather for _vlc_. It should be straight forward as well because it also has a video4linux input.

I know peole would also be interested in a directshow input for vlc ;)

--
Gildas