[vls-devel] Re: AW: Re: latest vls won't work with DVB 0.9.4 on kernel 2.4.20 anymore?

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Wed Feb 12 19:58:09 CET 2003

Kai Thost wrote:
> hi jean-paul,
>
> you mean with the new kernel-drivers vls will do?
> i am in contact with hard zatschler from the uk.
> he has experienced (as i did with some version do the DVB-module)
> a simple shutdown after starting vls.
> will this be fixed with the kernel-dvb?

Looks like a bug in the driver. Ask Markus Metzler about the problem he
is the author of the driver.

I have not used the kernel-DVB driver for v4l2 api together with the
latest vls CVS, so I can not really tell what my experience with it is.
At work we are going to test this in the near future. Actually when I
can spare some time for it ;-)

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman