[vls-devel] Re: AW: Re: latest vls won't work with DVB 0.9.4 on kernel 2.4.20 anymore?

Harf Zatschler hz3 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 15:20:41 CET 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

>Kai Thost wrote:
>> hi jean-paul,
>>
>> you mean with the new kernel-drivers vls will do?
>> i am in contact with hard zatschler from the uk.
>> he has experienced (as i did with some version do the DVB-module)
>> a simple shutdown after starting vls.
>> will this be fixed with the kernel-dvb?
>>
>Looks like a bug in the driver. Ask Markus Metzler about the problem he
>is the author of the driver.
>
>I have not used the kernel-DVB driver for v4l2 api together with the
>latest vls CVS, so I can not really tell what my experience with it is.
>At work we are going to test this in the near future. Actually when I
>can spare some time for it ;-)
>
>Greetings,
>Jean-Paul Saman

Hi guys

Doesn't look like a driver problem to me (but then again I'm not a
developer I guess)

I have found a really simple work-around for the immediate shutdown
though:

in src/server/vls.cpp I inserted one line (316) into the code:

    if (!iRc)
      iRc = cApplication.Run();
    sleep(1000);
    // Safe stop executed by the main thread
    iRc |= cApplication.SafeStop();

this will make the server work just fine... for exactly 1000 seconds.
Using while(1) sleep(1000); works even better obviously :-)
anyway seems like a bug in cApplication.Run() to me.

regards
harf

--
Harf Zatschler <hz3 at doc.ic.ac.uk>